Multidisciplinary Undergraduate Research Institute (MURI)
MURI facilitates the creation and support of multidisciplinary research teams consisting of undergraduate students, graduate students, post-docs, senior staff, and faculty. The primary purpose of these teams is to provide undergraduates a unique opportunity to work with mentors on real-world problems to gain research skills that can be applied to their college coursework and future careers.
MURI teams are funded to work during the academic year or the summer. During the academic year, students must commit to 120 hours of work with their research team. The summer MURI is a nine-week, full-time program with students expected to devote 75% of their time to conducting research under the supervision of their mentor and 25% of their time to professional-development, social, and cultural activities.
MURI is funded through a partnership between the Center for Research and Learning and the School of Engineering and Technology.
- Undergraduate student working on first undergraduate degree
- Enrolled full-time at IUPUI
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Willing to work on a team
- Work with a faculty mentor and a group of students on a research project
- Present research at a poster session and/or conference
- Earn a competitive stipend for part-time participation in fall/spring or full-time participation in summer
The application period for the Summer 2015 MURI program is now open.
Please click here to apply:
- CRL 2014-2015 Program Application
Note: [The submission deadline has been extended to March 13, 2015.]
Note: [Academic year program applications will open in July, 2015.]
|MURI Program Resources|
|MURI AY 2014-2015 Current Program Resources
|Past Funded Projects|
|Past Information for Student Scholars
|Information for Research Day & Summer Poster Symposia|
|MURI Poster Template|
|MURI Research Abstracts|
Center for Research and Learning
A Division of the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research
University Tower (HO) Suite 202
911 W. North Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202-3104