MURI Funded Projects for AY 2015-2016
The Center for Research and Learning, in partnership with the School of Engineering and Technology, is pleased to announce the funded projects for the AY 2015-2016 Multidisciplinary Undergraduate Research Institute. Students are encouraged to review the list of funded projects and apply to the MURI program by September 11, 2015. Questions about the program can be directed to Dr. Dominique Galli at email@example.com, Tonya Shelton at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Dr. Steve Higbee at email@example.com
Call for AY 2015-2016 Innovation to Enterprise Commercialization (ITEC) ProposalsThe Center for Research and Learning welcomes proposals for the AY 2015_2016 Innovation to Enterprise Commercialization (ITEC) program at IUPUI. Proposals should be 1) from faculty or staff mentors with projects that offer students the opportunity to engage in a new venture development or commercialization strategy project related to work arising from the mentor’s research, or 2) from students who have an idea for a new product or venture, and are seeking guidance and support in commercial development of the idea.
This is a unique opportunity provided to IUPUI faculty and researchers to collaborate with students while conducting pilot projects, validating product design or upgrading prototypes, or to engage in market research.
Some key points regarding this year’s program are as follows:
- Faculty and students writing proposals are encouraged to review the document entitled ITEC Proposal FAQS.
- Proposals must be submitted by using the current version of the ITEC Project Proposal Form. (Log in with IUPUI username and password). Proposals are due by midnight on March 31, 2015.
- The project selection committee will review the submitted proposals using the ITEC Proposal Evaluation Form. Eligible graduate students and post-doctoral trainees may also serve as co-mentors on a team.
- The Proposal Review Committee meetings are currently scheduled for April 9-10, 2015.
- The announcement regarding funded proposals is currently scheduled for April 27, 2015.
- Students may apply for participation on an ITEC team and rank their project choices beginning May 1, 2015 with a deadline of September 1, 2015.
- The academic year ITEC program begins on September 9, 2015, and continues through April 29, 2016.
- ITEC is offered by the Center for Research and Learning, a division of the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research. Project proposals from all disciplines on the IUPUI campus are encouraged. Please address questions to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students who are interested in submitting a proposal for their own project can also attend one of the Q&A sessions for assistance with their proposal.
These will be held Friday mornings at 9:00-9:30 am in University Library, Rm 1180F on the following dates:
February 27, 2015
March 13, 2015
March 27, 2015
2015 Summer Research Program Abstract Booklet
Applications are now open for many of our programs
- For more information on all of our undergraduate research programs please click: Here.
What is Research?
Research includes any scholarly, or artistic activity that leads to the production of new knowledge; to increased problem solving capabilities, including design and analysis; to original critical or historical theory and interpretation; or to the production of art or artistic performance.