2015 Summer Research Program Poster Session
Please Join Us On: Thursday, July 23, 2015
For the Center for Research and Learning
Summer Research Program Poster Session
- Registration: 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. @ University Tower Ballroom Foyer
- Poster Session: 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. @ University Tower Ballroom
- CRL 2015 Poster Session: Session And Poster Number Assignments
- CRL 2015 Poster Session: Session And Poster Number Assignments (Sorted by last name of CRL or Affiliate Student)
- Additional information: Leveraging Your Summer Research Experience 2015
- CRL 2015 SRP Abstract Booklet
The University Tower Ballroom is located at:911 West North Street Indianapolis, IN 46202
Undergraduate Summer Research @ IUPUI
The Center for Research and Learning (CRL) is dedicated to serving students through a series of undergraduate research programs. These programs offer students an opportunity to carry out innovative research, scholarship, and creative activity with faculty mentors through internally and externally funded programs.
CRL programs expose and engage students in research experiences, providing effective pathways for lifelong active learning, scholarship, and professional development. CRL is a division of the IUPUI Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research.
Summer Research Opportunities:
- Bridges to the Baccalaureate Program (Bridges)
- Summer Diversity Scholars Research Program (S-DSRP)
- Multidisciplinary Undergraduate Research Institute (MURI)
- Indiana Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute (Indiana CTSI)
- IUPUI Nanotechnology Discovery Academy (INDA) for High School Students and Teachers
- IPREP: The Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) Post-Baccalaureate Research Education Program
- Innovation-to-Enterprise Central (ITEC)
- IU Simon Cancer Center Summer Research Program (IUSCCSRP)
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP) Summer Fellows
- IUPUI Undergraduate Research Mentoring in the Biological Sciences (URM)
MURI Funded Projects for Summer 2015
The Center for Research and Learning, in partnership with the School of Engineering and Technology, is pleased to announce the funded projects for the summer 2015 Multidisciplinary Undergraduate Institute. Approximately 45 students will participate in this summer’s Institute with 31 faculty and graduate student researchers. Students are encouraged to review the list of funded projects and apply to the MURI program by March 1, 2015. Questions about the program can be directed to Elizabeth Rubens at email@example.com or Dr. Steve Higbee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call for AY 2015-2016 Innovation to Enterprise Commercialization (ITEC) ProposalsThe Center for Research and Learning welcomes proposals for the AY 2015_2016 Innovation to Enterprise Commercialization (ITEC) program at IUPUI. Proposals should be 1) from faculty or staff mentors with projects that offer students the opportunity to engage in a new venture development or commercialization strategy project related to work arising from the mentor’s research, or 2) from students who have an idea for a new product or venture, and are seeking guidance and support in commercial development of the idea.
This is a unique opportunity provided to IUPUI faculty and researchers to collaborate with students while conducting pilot projects, validating product design or upgrading prototypes, or to engage in market research.
Some key points regarding this year’s program are as follows:
- Faculty and students writing proposals are encouraged to review the document entitled ITEC Proposal FAQS.
- Proposals must be submitted by using the current version of the ITEC Project Proposal Form. (Log in with IUPUI username and password). Proposals are due by midnight on March 31, 2015.
- The project selection committee will review the submitted proposals using the ITEC Proposal Evaluation Form. Eligible graduate students and post-doctoral trainees may also serve as co-mentors on a team.
- The Proposal Review Committee meetings are currently scheduled for April 9-10, 2015.
- The announcement regarding funded proposals is currently scheduled for April 27, 2015.
- Students may apply for participation on an ITEC team and rank their project choices beginning May 1, 2015 with a deadline of September 1, 2015.
- The academic year ITEC program begins on September 9, 2015, and continues through April 29, 2016.
- ITEC is offered by the Center for Research and Learning, a division of the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research. Project proposals from all disciplines on the IUPUI campus are encouraged. Please address questions to the following address: email@example.com.
- Students who are interested in submitting a proposal for their own project can also attend one of the Q&A sessions for assistance with their proposal.
These will be held Friday mornings at 9:00-9:30 am in University Library, Rm 1180F on the following dates:
February 27, 2015
March 13, 2015
March 27, 2015
2015 SRP Calendar
Applications are now open for many of our programs
- For more information on all of our undergraduate research programs please click: Here.
What is Research?
Research includes any scholarly, or artistic activity that leads to the production of new knowledge; to increased problem solving capabilities, including design and analysis; to original critical or historical theory and interpretation; or to the production of art or artistic performance.